We provide advice on all corporate, mergers and acquisitions, and securities matters. We hold a strategicalposition in the world’s leading business and financial markets, which allows us to handle and coordinate highly complex domestic, and multi-jurisdictional transactions.
Among ourcustomersare the world’s largest corporations and financial institutions and middle market and emerging companies, as well as a wide range of industries including our key industry sectors: energy; financial institutions; infrastructure, mining and commodities; technology and innovation; transport; and life sciences and healthcare.
We provide extensive international coverage across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia, providing a truly global service to our clients.
Our fields of expertise include
- purchases and sales of assets and businesses
- change of control events
- mergers (public and private)
- joint ventures
- proxy contests
- tender offers and exchange offers
- purchases and sales of securities
- going private transactions
- tender offers.
Private equity/investment funds
- asset and investment management
- fund formation and governance
- acquisitions, investments, recapitalisations, and other monetization events
- general partners/sponsors, investors/limited partners and portfolio companies.
- international offerings
- initial public offerings
- secondary offerings
- equity capital markets
- private placements
- securities law and exchange compliance
- securities regulation and enforcement.
- General corporate and commercial
Our corporate advisory team delivers advice on all corporate advisory and corporate governance related matters. Our team works closely with your business, including your in-house legal and company secretarial teams, to provide a tailored service across the full range of corporate advisory and commercial issues.
- data privacy
- Commercial contracts
- corporate regulations and restructurings
- corporate governance and directors’ responsibilities
- sourcing and technology.
Asset and investment management
The industry of asset and wealth management is facing a period of substantial turmoil. The unstable global economic perspectivecreates a number of challenges, and in combination with the raft of new regulatory initiatives and ever-increasing pressure on margins, asset managers are being forced to take measures to survive, adapt and grow.
Our experience in this industry in combinationwith in-depth legal knowledge by our global team, allow usto help our clients navigate the regulatory challengesand to emerge in a position of strength.
Our global asset and wealth management team advises on every aspect of the industry, from fund formations to mergers and acquisitions. Our lawyers will help you wherever the issues or opportunities arise.
We are engaged on some of the most high-profile cross-border deals in the market, working closely with many of the leading global asset and wealth managers, as well as banks and service providers to the sector.
- Direct experience of working within regulators and trade bodies.
- Experience advising many of the leading global asset management businesses as well as banks and service providers to the sector.
- Particular strength in specialist and alternative funds and asset classes.
Our fields of expertise include
- M&A, transactions and outsourcing
- investment fund formation and fundraising
- private client
- disputes and investigations
- structured products and derivatives
- employment and incentives